Avaya Collaborative Cloud for Federal Government
Why Move to the Cloud
Federal Agencies of all sizes are exploring the flexible, frictionless infrastructure that a private, public, or hybrid cloud promises. Traditional communications infrastructures serve a key purpose, but usually require budget up front, and may not be flexible enough to support steady growth or seasonal spikes. Agencies are looking to address these challenges by transitioning to lighter cloud-friendly options.
By bringing communications applications to your agency via the cloud, you can collaborate more effectively on a global scale, while reducing expenses and increasing productivity. Individuals and teams can work together seamlessly across devices, applications, and communication modes.
The Private Cloud
IT environments have to be agile in supporting industry trends like BYOD, server virtualization, social media, skyrocketing video usage—and whatever comes next. A private cloud creates a simple, dynamic environment that proactively supports new devices and real-time applications, enabling agencies to:
- Roll out new applications and services faster
- Improve application uptime by eliminating maintenance windows and simplifying geo redundancy
- Use all available computing, storage, and network resources to increase efficiencies
- Deliver a consistent Quality of Experience
- Provide the tools for better end-user productivity anywhere, any time, on any device
Why Avaya's Cloud Products
AvayaGov has proven leadership in unified communications and collaboration, contact center, and data networking solutions, for agencies of all sizes, dedicated to shared. We deliver this deep expertise across private, shared, and hybrid clouds—all from a common SIP-based communications core and an open, enterprise-wide, cloud-grade network infrastructure.
Avaya Collaborative Cloud brings virtualized unified communications and contact center applications together. Our Virtual Enterprise Network Architecture creates one integrated solution, complete with management and services integration. The AvayaGov architecture enables government organizations to build an agency-wide virtualization strategy from the data center to the desktop, streamlining connectivity between users and applications to provide a better quality of experience for real-time applications. With a standards-based approach to the private cloud, AvayaGov provides enterprises flexibility and investment protection in a rapidly evolving cloud landscape.
AvayaGov’s single, open, scalable communications core architecture—Avaya Aura®—delivers seamless integration, simplified on boarding, management, and provisioning of cloud deployments. Avaya Aura has the flexibility to serve multiple agency segments.
AvayaGov provides a framework for a multi-vendor, SIP-based ecosystem and migration paths for existing PBX and legacy-based federal entities. Based on Avaya Aura® Session Manager, the AvayaGov cloud solution can consolidate a disparate network, and migrate existing PBX users to be pure hosted users. The session management architecture encourages rapid application layer innovation.
Service Providers can offer a full suite of AvayaGov collaboration and contact center solutions:
- Unified Communications as a Service: Position a session-based experience, including voice, video, chat, presence, conferencing, messaging, contextual collaboration, federation, and rich client experiences on BYOD. Do so for dedicated private clouds with virtualized VMware deployment of applications, or for shared small-to-midsize deployments. Avaya and non-Avaya applications can be delivered centrally and rapidly through administrative segmentation and session-based privacy controls.
- Contact Center as a Service: Using this modular approach to hosted contact center, start with voice-centric services, and grow to full multimedia and intelligent workflows. From dedicated private clouds to shared smaller environments, AvayaGov contact center solutions use the same Avaya Aura® core as our Unified Communications, so applications can be delivered through the same tools.
Through our global services organization, AvayaGov creates private cloud networks and provides dedicated private cloud hosted solutions customized to meet business and technical requirements. By dedicating a Federal Network Operations Center, we can provide around-the-clock service and support both, customized federal applications and the underlying infrastructure.
Choose Your Path
Our extensive suite of applications, networking solutions, Government Outsourcing Solutions, and Professional Services lets you build a private cloud your way:
- Do it yourself: purchase the virtualized applications and networking solutions, then manage and maintain the solution within your dedicated environment.
- Purchase some or all of the equipment and software. Have AvayaGov plan, install, and manage the overall solution for a monthly utility model fee.
- Leave it all to AvayaGov. We'll plan, build, and manage the entire solution for a monthly utility model fee. You stop worrying about upgrades, capital expenditures, performance, or life cycle management.